Thursday, July 24, 2014

MGG's Foaming Body Wash

I created this body wash after I decided to get rid of parabens in our life.  I also created it in hopes of easing my youngest's excema problem while we tended to the root of it(diet).

This recipe is completely adjustable, you can add more soap, less soap, more essential oils, less essential oils, you get the idea.  For example, if you have hard water and like your suds, add more Dr. Bronner's to the recipe and cut back on the water.

This recipe was created while using an 7.1 oz foaming bottle.  But the great thing about making your own products, is that it doesn't HAVE to be perfect!  To be honest, I just wing it now, no measuring - I just 'eye' it.

So here ya go:

3 T Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Liquid Soap
1/4 tsp Calendula Oil
1/4 Vitamin E Oil or Avocado Oil (or both!)
1/4 tsp (or less depending on EO) Essential Oil (my faves are Frankincense, Grapefruit, Lavender - basically depends on what skin result I'm looking for)
Water (most liquid soaps have water in it!  Don't worry!) *just fill to top (I use super hot water or boiled/cooled water)

Like I mentioned before, you can adjust this if you want a bit more oil or more suds, more or less fragrance or skin soothing properties from the EOs.



I hope you enjoy this - let me know what you think!

Peace, Love and Go Green!
Rachel

If you like what I'm offering, please feel free to donate and let me know what other kinds of homemade recipes you'd like to see from MGG!

No comments:

Post a Comment